As per Sec 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 and rules framed thereunder, the provision of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) obligations shall be applicable to HSIN Software Private Limited (the Company) in the event of the net profits exceeding INR 50 Million. Accordingly, it has become necessary to have a CSR policy in place and also to appoint a Committee of the Board to supervise the implementation of the same.
HSIN CSR Policy intends to:
- Strive for economic development that positively impacts the society at large.
- Embrace responsibility for the Company’s actions and encourage a positive impact through its activities on hunger, poverty, malnutrition, environment, communities, stakeholders and the
In accordance with the requirements under the Companies Act, 2013, HSIN CSR activities, amongst others, will focus on:
- HUNGER, POVERTY, MALNUTRITION AND HEALTH: Eradicating extreme hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting preventive healthcare and sanitation and making available safe drinking
- EDUCATION: Promoting education, including special education and employment-enhancing vocational skills especially among children, women, elderly and the differently abled, and livelihood enhancement projects; monetary contributions to academic institutions for establishing endowment funds, chairs, laboratories, , with the objective of assisting students in their studies.
- GENDER EQUALITY, EMPOWERMENT OF WOMEN & SUPPORT OF THE ECONOMICALLY BACKWARD GROUPS: Promoting gender equality and empowering women; supporting initiatives for women, orphans, senior citizens and other socially and economically backward groups as may be identified from time to time.
- ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY: Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agro-forestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining the quality of soil, air and water.
4.UNDERTAKING CSR ACTIVITIES
HSIN will undertake its CSR activities, as may be approved and recommended by the CSR Committee.
5.LOCATION OF CSR EFFORTS
The CSR committee will decide on the locations for CSR activities.
6.COMPOSITION OF CSR & EXECUTIVE COMMITTEES
The composition of CSR & Executive Committees shall be decided by the Board of Directors from time to time
7.RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COMMITTEE
The responsibilities of the CSR Committees include:
- Formulating and recommending to the Board of Directors the CSR Policy and indicating activities to be undertaken,
- Recommending the amount of expenditure for the CSR activities, and
- Monitoring CSR activities from time to
8. FUNDING, SELECTION AND MONITORING PROCESS
HSIN will receive requests for funding of projects throughout the financial year (April to March). The CSR Committee will evaluate proposals received under the CSR focus areas and projects will be prioritized by assessing their impact. The CSR Committee will deliberate on the proposals and approve proposals for implementation at its discretion.
HSIN representatives will collaborate with stakeholders to monitor the status of each project and will report its findings to the CSR Committee periodically.