- IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
- COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
- HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
- USE OF PERSONAL DATA
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- DATA SECURITY
- STORAGE AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
- DATA RETENTION
- ABOUT COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- Compliant and consistent approach to cover privacy by design, Right to be forgotten with risk enabled approach.
- Transparency regarding use of data
- That any processing is lawful, fair, transparent and necessary for a specific purpose
- That data is accurate, kept up to date and removed when no longer necessary
- That data is kept safely and securely
- Identity Data: this includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data: this includes postal address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data: this includes bank account details.
- Transaction Data: this includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data: this includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Profile Data: this includes purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data: this includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: this includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Employment Data: this incudes your employment history, academic qualifications, background checks and information provided in references.
- For our recruitment activities;
- For the provision of our services to any customers.
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- make an enquiry about, or engage us to provide, our products and services;
- subscribe to our mailing list, participate or view our webinars or download any publications from our website;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a survey; or
- provide us with feedback.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House.
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer||(a) Identity (b) Contact||Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver services for you including: (a) Manage payments, fees and charges (b) Collect and recover money owed to us||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Financial (d) Transaction (e) Marketing and Communications||(a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)|
|To enable you to complete a survey||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Usage (e) Marketing and Communications||(a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products and services, to develop them and grow our business)|
|To administer and protect our business and website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data and monitoring the functionality of our website)||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical (d) Usage||(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise) (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Usage (e) Marketing and Communications (f) Technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products and services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products and services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical (b) Usage (c) Profile||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical (d) Usage (e) Profile||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products and services and grow our business)|
|To process your application for a role with us and to administer our human resources functions||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Financial (c) Employment||a) Performance of a contract with you b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to run our recruitment process)|
- Any member of the Hitachi group of companies, acting as joint controllers or processors (including any group companies who are based in India, Japan, USA, Canada, & Europe) and who provide IT and system administration services.
- Selected third parties as follows:
- business partners, suppliers and contractors acting as processors (based in the UK or country in which we are providing services to you) who provide IT and system administration services and where required for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers (based in the UK or country in which we are providing services to you) who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers (based in the UK or country in which we are providing services to you).
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data similar to European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- We will only use specific contracts which give personal data the same protection it has similar to Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.